Genting Casinos UK Ltd, company number 01519689 (“Genting”)
Genting Rewards Terms and Conditions
Version (1.0) 20th October 2015
1. Genting Rewards are promoted and offered by Genting Solihull Limited, a company registered in England (Company Number 06601106) and (insofar as accrual or redemption of rewards points relates to licensed gaming or our licensed gaming facilities), Genting Casinos UK Limited and Coastbright Limited (Company Numbers 01519689 and 05176386) all of Genting Club Star City, Watson Road, Birmingham, B7 5SA (“Genting”). Please do not send correspondence to this address.
Our Reward Schemes
2. Genting presently operates four Rewards Schemes (the “Schemes”) nationwide:-
3. Silver; and
3. Genting reserves the right, to suspend, cancel, withdraw or alter the Schemes, including these terms and conditions or any individual’s account, card, or points at any time.
4. Any participation in our Schemes constitutes your deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms then do not participate in the Schemes.
5. All participants must be 18 years of age or over.
6. Any membership of the Schemes is void where prohibited by law or regulation.
7. Participation in our Silver and Platinum Schemes is by (our) invitation only.
8. Admission and continued membership of any of the Schemes is at Genting’s absolute discretion at all times.
9. You may apply for membership by:-
1. Visiting any of our participating UK premises (including our Guest Services Kiosk at our Resorts World complex) and making an application to join. If accepted you will be issued with a Rewards Card;
2. Applying online at ResortsWorldBirmingham.co.uk or GentingInternationalCasino.com. If accepted you will be issued with an Account and may collect a Rewards Card from our premises.
3. Applying via our Resorts World Application (obtained from Apple Store or Google Android). In such instances the downloaded App will act as your reward “card” for non-casino points accrual and redemption – gaming accrual and redemption requires a physical card which can be obtained from the front desk of our gaming premises.
11. Cards are not transferable (nor redeemable for cash). Only one card and account per member can be held at any one time. Genting further reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
12. It is your responsibility to keep your information up to date and to ensure the security and safekeeping of your card and details (including your device if membership is by App). Genting cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from your failure to do so.
13. You can choose to leave a Scheme at any time. By leaving a Scheme you will forfeit any points accrued but not used.
How it Works
14. Participating members are awarded Genting Reward Points on qualifying purchases from Genting and third party merchants who participate in our Schemes (“Participating Merchants”) which they can then redeem against eligible goods or services either from Genting or from Participating Merchants.
15. Any and all accrual or redemption of Genting Reward Points is subject to:
1. These terms and conditions
2. Any further terms and conditions applicable to specific offers or promotions of reward points;
3. Any gaming and premises rules (in respect of accrual and redemption against licensed gaming)
4. Any terms, conditions or requirements of a Participating Merchant (for example, some Participating Merchants do not permit accrual of Reward Points but do permit redemption for goods or services).
16. Except for our Resorts World Complex where your phone and our App can be used to accrue reward points for (non-gaming) spend at time of purchase, you must present your Rewards Card at time of purchase to be credited with reward points.
17. Points can be earned on:-
1. Purchases of food, drink, goods and/or services with Genting;
2. Purchase of food drink, goods and/or services (as applicable) with Participating Merchants;
3. Purchases of tracked slot and electronic gaming play with Genting; and
4. Table gaming with Genting
*Points will not be awarded on non-qualifying products, including but not limited to tobacco products.
18. In addition we may from time to time offer you enhanced points or incentives for specific promotions and offers, subject to availability and the terms of any such offer.
19. Points remain valid for 12 months following which unused points will automatically expire.
20. Points accrue at different rates according to activity type, purchase type, qualifying spend and Participating Merchants rules and you are referred to the terms of specific promotions and offers for that information. Generally, however, Genting will seek to ensure that the rate of accrual is clear and transparent from the terms of a relevant offer or promotion.
21. Genting reserves the right to vary the level of points awarded at its discretion. In exercising this right Genting shall procure (where points are directly or indirectly concerned with or connected to gaming) that (i) accrual and redemption shall be proportionate to a members play over a prolonged period of time; (ii) accrual and redemption is not dependant on a member gambling for a pre-determined length of time or frequency; (iii) accrual and redemption does not reward points accrued over a shorter period of time; (iv) any increase in points linked to spend is proportionate; and (v) any accrual or redemption connected to ancillary benefits (e.g. subsidised travel or accommodation) is not directly related to the members level of gaming.
22. As regards table gaming, points can be accrued on a members tracked table play but may be calculated at Genting’s sole discretion, either on the basis of actual play or on the basis of an average bet for the table. In either case the calculation of points earned takes account of the period of time recorded as spent at the table. The average bet for the table is derived from the table minimum bet and so may vary for each table and game type. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that an Inspector is furnished with their Scheme Card and identity when playing table games or electronic roulette.
23. As regards slot and electronic gaming, it is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their Reward card is inserted properly in any gaming machine before commencing play.
24. Where table tracking is applicable, Genting agrees that it shall use reasonable endeavours to track a members play. However, you acknowledge that such points are granted based upon the personal observation of Genting employees, which may be subject to bona fide human error. You agree and acknowledge that Genting’s determination shall be final with respect to any points awarded save in the event of manifest error. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that an Inspector is furnished with their Scheme Card and identity when playing table games or electronic roulette.
25. Platinum Members with the exception of Platinum Ambassador members accrue an enhanced level of points for spend in our casinos which can be used to purchase food and beverages and for gaming as well as items from the Rewards Kiosk. Members who are invited to join as Platinum Ambassadors will receive the standard level of Genting points.
26. It is a breach of the Scheme rules for a member to accrue points by allowing anyone else to use his or her Rewards Card. Members who give their Card to any other person for the purposes of gaining points or realising benefits may have their membership either cancelled or suspended at Genting’s absolute discretion.
27. We reserve the right to vary the points available and the rate at which points will be allocated from time to time or to cease to offer points regarding our Schemes.
28. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel any points, card, or membership where we consider that the Schemes are subject to abuse, fraud, or any other impropriety.
29. Genting reserves the right to correct errors due to computer error, machine malfunction, operator error, fraud or other misuse of a Rewards Card.
30. Points are not transferable, including but not limited to upon death, divorce or insolvency. The death or insolvency of a member this will result in the cancellation of the Membership and forfeiture of the Points balance.
31. You will not be able to earn or redeem any points whilst you are in breach of the Reward terms and conditions. Where we believe that there has been a breach of the Rewards terms and conditions we may withdraw any points allocated to your account.
32. Members who are excluded by Genting from its premises are not entitled to participate in the Schemes. Members who exclude themselves from Genting’s casino premises will not accrue points on any casino or gaming spend (if any) nor be able to redeem existing points against casino or gaming spend for the period of their self-exclusion. Moreover, any exclusion (by Genting or individual) shall not serve to extend the validity of points beyond their standard 12 month validity period.
33. In the event that a member owes any money to Genting, the right to redeem points and any other reward card benefits may be suspended at Genting’s discretion pending payment of any outstanding debt.
34. Members who do not collect points for two years, may at Genting’s discretion, be removed from their Scheme and will need to reapply for membership should they wish to re-join.
35. Points can be used to:-
1. Purchase goods and services (including gaming where appropriate) from Genting;
2. Purchase goods and services from Participating Merchants.
36. One point is equivalent to £0.01 when redeemed but has no cash value.
37. Genting is entitled to adjust or remove members’ points at any time if goods or services are returned or cancelled and a full or partial refund is given. This also applies to the exchange of goods or services unless the exchange is for goods and services of equivalent value.
Participating Merchants Generally
38. The Rewards Scheme offers an opportunity to accrue and redeem goods and services from (third party) Participating Merchants. As such you acknowledge that in the event of issue with Participating Merchants goods or services that your primary recourse or complaint lies with them and Genting cannot accept liability for Participating Merchants products or services howsoever arising.
39. Nothing within these terms acts to exclude Genting’s liability in respect of personal injury or death caused by Genting’s negligence.
40. Subject to para’s 38 and 39 and to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that Genting is not and will not be liable to you, or any third party for, any consequential or incidental loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted journey or expenditure, loss of privacy or loss of data) or any other indirect special or punitive loss or damage however arising.
41. Subject to para’s 38, 39, and 40 Genting’s sole and exclusive liability to you in the event of dispute or claim will be limited for all claims in aggregate to:-
1. Your actual qualifying Reward Point Spend, subject to an overall limit of £500 in any eventuality; and
2. A re-credit of existing reward points where points have been deducted in error, or should have been credited but have not been.
42. The Schemes are separate from any loyalty programme at any Genting Group casinos outside the UK and Membership of the Schemes does not give any rights or entitlements in relation to such loyalty schemes.
43. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions
44. These terms and conditions replace all previous versions and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
45. In the event of a question or query in connection with your reward points, card or account which is not a query best answered by a Participating Merchant, please contact your local casino at first instance or the Guest Services Desk at our Resorts World Birmingham.
Last Updated 20.10.2015