Version Effective Date: February 2022
- We will amend this Cookies and Similar Technologies Policy from time to time to ensure that it is kept up to date.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small pieces of data (in text file format) that are set by website servers and stored on your browser or device.
- By using cookies we are able to analyse how visitors use and interact with our websites. We may use this information to improve your experience when visiting our websites, for example by assisting you in navigating around our websites, enabling a function to ‘remember your username’ or saved applications.
Use of “similar technologies”
- Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. We may use other similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons and pixels (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "gifs"). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier enabling us to recognise when someone has visited our websites or opened an email that we have sent to them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our websites to another, to understand whether you are visiting our websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance and to measure the success of our online advertising campaigns (e.g. to tell whether you have found us via advertising or marketing we have placed with third party sites). In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
- Enabling our websites to function – “Strictly Necessary” cookies
- Some cookies are essential in order for our websites to function. These cookies facilitate your movement around our websites, remember user preferences and enable you to log into secure areas such as your Genting Casinos account (where this feature is offered). They also assist us in identifying your device and location and presenting you with a compatible version of our websites.
- Without these cookies, we cannot ensure that your navigation of our websites will be smooth, nor can we ensure you will remain logged-in to your account during your visit or that unfinished applications will be saved correctly.
- If you disable these cookies you will not be able to make full use of our website or services that are dependent on the use of these cookies.
- Analytics (including Google Analytics)
- You can opt-out from Google Analytics cookies by clicking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- You can find out more about how to opt-out from Google Advertising cookies by clicking here: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB
- Other functional cookies
- We may also use other third-party cookies to ensure the functionality of other third-party software or services we provide on our websites. Without these cookies you are likely to experience difficulties with functionality. For example, we deploy certain cookies functional cookies on the Genting Casinos website in order to facilitate page loading and balancing.
- Cookie technology and emails
- We use web beacons, pixels and gifs in some of our marketing emails. This technology helps us to understand more about how you interact with us and are used to improve our future email communications and campaigns.
- Beacons, pixels and gifs are tiny, invisible images placed within an email message that let us know whether you have opened an email, how often you have opened it, how you interacted with the email (such as the time you spent reading the email or whether you clicked on an advertisement displayed within it), which email software and web browser you used, which device you used and your IP address. They can also be used to help us display emails in the best format for your device.
- If you do not wish to accept this technology within our emails, you can close the email before downloading any images or clicking on any links or in some cases by disabling images and viewing the email in plain text only rather than HTML. You may also wish to adjust your browser and device settings to control cookie and image settings. In some instances, depending on your email or browser settings, cookies in an email may be automatically accepted (for example, when you've added an email address to your address book or safe senders list). Please refer to your email browser or device instructions for more information on this.
Current cookie functionality
Cookies deployed on our websites as at the date of this policy carry out the following broad functions – all data recorded is anonymous and does not identify users at an individual level:
- Record where visitors have visited from – e.g. from another website, social media page or ad link;
- Record number of visits to our website and specific website pages;
- Record basic information about how visitors use our website;
- Implement security features to safeguard against unauthorised access;
- Store users’ browser / cookie preferences for our website – e.g. which cookies / tags have been set. These cookies are “Strictly Necessary” and cannot be turned off.
- Location features – records region where user is located;
- Facebook and Twitter tracking pixels – e.g. to display Genting Casino adverts of interest on visiting social media sites.
How to control and delete cookies
- Should you wish to control what cookies we use, you can do so by alternating your cookie preferences via the Cookie Consent Preference Tool located on our website.
- Alternatively, you can access your cookie / privacy settings within your browser or device.
- Your mobile devices most likely also provide advertising identifiers. These identifiers are controlled by the device itself. Mobile phones use different operating systems so it isn’t possible for us to be specific as to how you can control your privacy settings. However, we would suggest that you look for ‘Ads’, ‘Advertising’ or ‘Privacy’ within your device settings or refer to any guidance available in your device’s user manual.
My Genting App
- Enjoy 10% off ALL drinks*
- Earn even more points by completing our in App challenges
- Unlock exclusive rewards and receive instant points to your reward card
- Stay up to date with latest game releases and events at your local casino
- Track your points and points balance
Available on Android and iOS devices,
with our free to download app
*10% off the all-day menu in Scotland instead. 10% off drinks excludes London Casinos Palm Beach, 45 Kensington, Crockfords, Colony and Scottish casinos. See full terms here
Download to start earning today!