Frequently Asked Questions
How do I receive My £10 in points for downloading the My Genting App?Go to the badges and find the 'Newbie' badge, you will be able to redeem 500 points for the challenge and 500 points for the badge separately, this will give 1000 points in total. When you have redeemed 500 points for the badge this will turn gold. When you redeem 500 points for the challenge 'Downloading the app' this will also turn gold.
How do I redeem My Genting rewards on the app?The time it takes to update your badge & challenge progress varies by challenge but can take up to 48 hours. Once the challenge or badge is completed, click redeem and the reward will be sent to your MY Genting card ready for you to use. The full value of the reward does not have to be redeemed in one single transaction?
I have completed a challenge or badge and haven't got my points yet
Go to the badge with the associated challenges, any completed challenges or badges should have a 'redeem now' button showing. To redeem badge points click on 'redeem now' under the badge and this will turn gold, to redeem challenges click on 'redeem now' next to the challenge found underneath the badge, this will then turn gold. Points should appear in your account within 5 minutes. Please note some challenges take up to 48 hours to show as complete as the data is checked and confirmed. Challenges around visits and play only start when the app is downloaded - previous play and visit data do not count.
If you do not see a 'redeem now' button this means you haven't completed the challenge or the badge, keep track of your challenges completed by looking at the badge progress bars.
Recognising problem gambling
What is problem gambling?
Problem gambling is an urge to gamble continuously despite clear harmful negative consequences or a desire to stop. Problem gambling can be defined by harm experienced by the gambler and/or others.
Is your gambling causing problems for you or others around you?
The following signs may indicate a problem:
- Spending more money and time on gambling than you can afford
- Finding it hard to manage or stop your gambling
- Having arguments with family or friends about money and gambling
- Losing interest in usual activities or hobbies like going out with friends or spending time with family
- Always thinking or talking about gambling
- Lying about your gambling or hiding it from other people
- Chasing losses or gambling to get out of financial trouble
- Gambling until all of your money is gone
- Borrowing money, selling possessions or not paying bills in order to pay for gambling
- Needing to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer time to get the same feeling of excitement or buzz
- Neglecting work, school, family, personal needs or household responsibilities because of gambling
- Feeling anxious, worried, guilty, depressed or irritable
We have a Self-Assessment section to help you recognise whether you may have a problem with gambling
Alternatively, please visit GamCare and take their self-assessment test by clicking here.
What is My Genting?My Genting is our new rewards scheme, we want you to make the most of your Genting account and the new scheme offers great rewards and offers, sign up in Casino to start earning! Find out more here
How do casino chips work?
When playing games such as Blackjack and Roulette you buy casino chips at the gaming tables. Just place your money on the table and ask the croupiers for some chips.
There are two different types of chips, some with values and others without;
- The ones with values are called “Cash Chips” and are effectively the currency within the casino. You can use them to play on any table you like.
- The non-value chips are called “Colour Chips” and are only used on Roulette. They help the croupier identify who has which chips. Remember you cannot take “Colour Chips” away from the table you are playing on. When ready to leave a table tell the dealer “cash out” and they will exchange them for cash chips.
When it's time to leave, the croupier does not have access to cash at the tables so you need to change your chips for cash at the cash desk.
Are there social distancing rules in place?We’re happy it is now safe enough to relax a lot of the restrictions we had in place during the pandemic but we still ask you to be considerate of others in the casino when you visit. We will continue to closely monitor government advice to ensure our casinos remain a safe place for both our staff and guests.
Why we may need to know more
We have a legal obligation to establish that the money being spent is legitimate. This doesn't mean you're suspected of anything untoward; we just need to be confident that any funds used are not a cause for concern.
Moreover as industry professionals, we understand more than most that issues can arise around gambling. We want all our customers to play in a safe and responsible manner and within their means and to a level that is affordable to them.
What information will I be asked for?
We may need you to provide documentary evidence of your ID such as a passport or driving licence along with proof of address. In addition, you may also be asked for details on your occupation to help us gain a better understanding of your personal circumstances.
This may also include evidence surrounding sources of wealth and sources of funds, which may be in the form of bank statements, wage slips, tax returns, or other documents that supports your levels of play.
Will this Information be shared with anyone else?
Will other Operators ask me for this Information?
All gambling operators licenced by the UK Gambling Commission are required to follow these procedures to ensure that their services are not being used for any illegal activity.
What if I refuse to share my details?
Unfortunately, if you don't share this with us, it will put us in a difficult position and we may have no choice but to cease our relationship with you.
We value you as a customer and want to ensure you're comfortable with the information requested, so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to speak to one of our Casino Managers.
My Genting App
- Complete Badges & Challenges and earn even more points
- See what's on easily and conveniently at your local casino
- All your messages in one place
- Stay up to date with latest game releases
- Track your points and current balance
- Plus so much more
Available on Android and iOS devices,
with our free to download app
*10% off the all-day menu in Scotland instead. 10% off drinks excludes London Casinos Palm Beach, FortyFive Kensington, Crockfords, Colony and Scottish casinos. Full Badges T&C's here Full My Genting T&C's here
Download to start earning today!